Friday, January 1, 2010

Getting Close to Going Home (I hope)

I'm being told that it is getting closer for Jackson to come home. I'm trying not to get me hopes up, but it's hard not to. On Wednesday I was asked to stay the night in a room in the NICU, so I could feed Jackson in the night. The Doctor wanted to see how he would do by letting him go 3 to 4 hours for each feed and see if he would wake up hunger and do all his feeds orally. Jackson stayed up from 7:45 p.m. to 10:30 pm just looking around. He was being so cute! But then he was too tired for next 2 feedings and didn't do as well. I was wiped out by 8:00 a.m. the next day (New Years Eve). I only got 3 hours of broken up sleep. The PA yesterday said he may be getting his feeding tube taken out today and then I would room in again tonight.

I've learned so much from this experience. I've met some amazing families that have babies in the NICU. I just met a family with a baby born at 23 weeks gestation. My thoughts and prayers are with them as they go down this long emotional journey. Jackson is grunting and groaning, I better go hold him now.

1 comment:

  1. You must be so tired! Happy New Year to all of you! I hope that everything goes well tonight.So how we hope you find some time to catch some sleep. Wish we were there. Know that we are always thinking of you. Lots of Love...

    Ashley and Reah

    ReplyDelete