Friday, January 1, 2010

Feeding tube out- Rooming in with baby


Great news! Jackson's feeding tube was taken out this afternoon. The doctor asked if I wanted to room in with Jackson tonight to see how he would do eating orally. I called David to come to Boise to be with us. Thank you mom and dad for agreeing to watch our kids this weekend. My mother has been so wonderful, she has been watching my kids through the holidays. Thank you, we couldn't of done this without you.

I'm so glad David is here with me. He's such a good dad and he loves his boys so much. He's more relaxed than I am and so far since we roomed in at 6:00 pm he has taken 100% of his feedings. We switched the bottle from the breast flow to the slow flow and he is doing much better. This bottle doesn't require him to work as hard to suck the milk out. I haven't been trying to nurse Jackson for the last two days because I have developed an infection. It's been painful even to pump. I just want to get him home and then I will work on breast feeding when we get home. He doesn't get worn out when drinking a bottle and then we know how much milk he is taking in. He has to get 166 ml in the next 12 hours to keep his feeding tube out. He looks so cute. After his 7:00 feeding, Jackson was awake and alert for two hours just looking around while his daddy held him. I'm so grateful David is here with me. I think if I had to do this alone I don't think Jackson would do as well with his trial run because I would be too nervous. Now, I know he will do well because my David is here to help.


1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! What awesome news and we are very excited! Hopefully Jackson will take his feeds and be homeward bound.....

    ReplyDelete